Monday, January 4, 2010

New Years Resolution

Hi everybody! Well, here's my first ever proclaimed new years resolution. I don't ever remember making new years resolutions ever! Maybe I have, but I don't remember ever doing so! Which leads me to my next point.

Dinos are awesome! Actually, that fact, though true, is not my next point. My next point is that I read and consume a lot of good stuff and am often struck by the profundity of what I am hearing. Occasionally it is so profound that I then and there resolve to live out what I've just heard. Most of the time, though, the powerful truth I have just heard remains unapplied even when I've genuinely resolved to apply it.

So! I resolve that every Sunday morning will be a quiet time. Recently I've been cramming in last-minute Sunday School preparation because I've been unprepared. But no more of that. And! Quiet time will involve reading (at least) what I've written in my journal during the past week. Now my resolutions during the week will be remembered a little longer before being forgotten! YES!!!

I foresee great things for this new year including health, wealth, and prosperity, as God has promised somewhere in the good book though I can't quite remember where.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I didn't make any resolutions, but I like yours!

Michael said...

It's somewhere in the book of Hezekiah. I forget where.