Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Absurd Line from Notting Hill

I finished "The Napoleon of Notting Hill" a couple weeks ago. Pretty good. Started off slow, a lot of the time it was like what is this madness what's going on. I felt it was worth it, though, built up well, the end was worth it.

Here's an entertaining line from one of the characters: "How can these people strike dignified attitudes, and pretend that things matter, when the total ludicrousness of life is proved by the very method by which it is supported? A man strikes the lyre, and says, 'life is real, life is earnest', and then goes into a room and stuff alien substances into a hole in his head."

I'd write and quote more, but alas, it's late. If I started earlier in the day, maybe I'd have a real blog post for you =). That's what I tell myself, anyway.

No comments: