Thursday, October 8, 2009

CHICKEN POT PIE [ramble]

I got stuff going on in my life, and I can tell people about it if they ask me. You know, a progress report on work, church, life in general. But must I give my weekly summaries to everyone who asks "how's it going?" On the other hand, "yeah, it's going good," is so lacking in detail that it's pretty much uninformative anyway. I greatly prefer deeper, more philosophical reflections on the happenings of life, but, sometimes I tire of making complete sentences.

That's why sometimes when someone asks me how's it going, I give a non-answer, such as, CHICKEN POT PIE. In terms of substance, it's just as informative as "pretty good"; arguably, even more so. Actually, definitely more so. "Pretty good" is a vague, often-used term, so if I say "pretty good" you'd just think "oh not much haps iz good it's not bads," though maybe not in those words. If I say CHICKEN POT PIE though, there's a picture of rich buttery goodness that far more powerfully expresses goodness.

In a online conversation yesterday I think I annoyed my friend by constantly making random comments. Haha, I should be more considerate of others, because sometimes people don't understand crazy. Anyway, here is my new conversation theory: Oscar Wilde says "quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit," and I'd like to add that caps-lock is a serviceable substitute for diction. Youtube comments are definitive proof of this. What, you don't think that's legitimate evidence? SILENCE, INFIDEL.

Today I drank orange juice with a straw, it was awesome. I felt like a kid again.