Sunday, June 7, 2009

Just Enough

Hi all. To give a quick update on my life, I'll be living in Berkeley this next year, commuting to work in Daly City to work for LAN Engineering, and commuting every weekend to help with the DCCC youth group. I'll no longer officially be a part of Gracepoint, though I will do my best to keep up my relationships with my friends and leaders.

It'll be a hard commute. About two hours of commute by Bart every weekday, and three hours of commute by car for the weekend. I think it'll be draining for me emotionally and physically, and I'll also have to handle the stresses of transitioning to working life. I've wanted God to give me some kind of surge of courage to take on the next new year, but I think it's not gonna happen.

Rather, this: "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go" (Joshua 1:9). I don't know what this new year will bring, or how hard it will be. But what I do know is that God will be faithful, and with that knowledge I have the courage to boldly keep going, at least for this next step.

3 comments:

Wesley said...

Wow Joe... that's going to be really really tough. I'm sad to hear that you won't be an active member anymore :(. I'll be praying for you!

dnt said...

Isaiah 40:28 Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God,the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary,and his understanding no one can fathom.
29 He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak. 30 Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; 31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary,they will walk and not be faint.

hobbit said...

"God gives us a vision and then He take us down to the valley to batter us into the shape of the vision and it is in the valley that so many of us faint and give way...In the light of the glory of the vision we go forth to do things, but the vision is not real in us yet; and God has to take us into the valley, and put us through fires and floods to batter us into shape, until we get to the place where He can trust us with the veritable reality." Oswald Chambers, MUFHH