Monday, February 16, 2009

First Post

Hello, world!

I remember looking back in 6th grade on some of the things I did in 5th grade, and I couldn't believe how immature I was. Surely, it was a momentary lapse of judgment, or perhaps those were the deeds of a time when I was young and foolish. A time of foolishness that was behind me. So I thought, at least, until I entered 7th grade and looked back on 6th grade in much the same way.

In a similar way I expect that one day I'll look back on the words I've made public here and grimace at how foolish and wide-eyed I once was. I'll realize the words I wrote which I thought were filled with profundity are actually filled with silliness and naivety.

That's why I'm a little intimidated at the thought of starting this blog. Part of me just enjoys writing, and thinks that this will be a useful exercise. Another (more proud) part of me thinks that others may benefit from my random thoughts. That's the hope, at least, that you the reader will be able to find something worthwhile in what I write, and maybe you'll also have something wise to say in response as well!

So, stop by every once in a while and see what I've written, and leave a comment so I know who's stalking me. Just kidding! Kind of. But I do enjoy comments, even nonsensical ones.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

in my management class we had a lecture on communications by a dietitian who is a communications manager at Bon Appetite. She said that as a the new generation entering the work force, we have a lot of technological advantages. As a generation we know how to stay connected, we expect to be connected, and we can bring these skills to the workplace. they recently hired someone, and the distinguishing factor about the candidate was that he had a food blog!

so I think this is a good idea.